Today we go through how to start making videos for 2019. The small business community is still behind when it comes to video content. 95% of the social profiles we come across aren’t making consistent videos. We give you some tips to set yourself apart from the competition in 2019.
Want to improve your social media?
Enter your information below to get the FREE social media checklist!
1. Post a high quality video or picture of the product/serviceIf you’ve read our recent blog on “How to Increase your Newsfeed Visibility on Facebook,” you already know that posts with visuals, such as images or videos, receive the most engagement from Facebook users. Visuals direct viewers attention to the product and get them interested and engaged in the post immediately with minimal effort. It is important to make sure the visuals are bright and high quality to make the product or service look as aesthetically appealing as possible. The photo or video in the post is what is going to encourage the viewer to look further or read the post if there is word content, and therefore find out more information about the product. This post shows some high quality, creative images of the products they are selling, getting potential customers to stop scrolling when they see an image they like.
2. Include major benefits of the product/serviceThis can be either in the photo/video, or in words of your post. Informing viewers of the major benefits of your product or service will allow them to evaluate if the product is something they need or desire. This will determine whether or not they will keep engaging with your Facebook post, and potentially look into purchasing the product. Giving the benefits of the product without making a “buy this!” statement will portray a high quality image for your product and company because it shows you are confident in your product selling itself. This post shows a video of the product being installed easily by a child, and shows the benefits of using the product. This encourages viewers to look further into purchasing the product and clicking on the link if they are interested in the benefits of the product.
3. When price is attractive, voice the price of the productWhen price is attractive to your target market, voicing the price of the product in the Facebook post will direct the viewer’s attention towards their purchase decision. Price is directly related to purchase, however it is much more indirect than bluntly telling the viewer to purchase the product. Try to avoid “Only $10.00!” statements which make your product appear cheap rather than price effective. Simply giving the price of the product or service will be enough for the customer to determine whether the price is affordable for them or not. This post states the price of the products rather bluntly, seeing as the products are priced rather low. This interests their target market and directs their attention to price and therefore purchase of the product.
4. Engage the viewer when possibleEngaging the viewer in your Facebook post is all about encouraging them to click on, like, share, or view your post entirely. This can include engaging them by: making them click on the video to actually see it full screen/hear the sound, clicking a button in your post to read more, clicking to access your company website, or simply sharing/liking your post. Most people share or like Facebook posts when the post is not entirely to do with a product or company, but rather a topic of interest to them. For example if you own a bakery and you sell donuts, creating a post on weird flavored donuts you are testing, or just a video on making the donuts will attract the attention of every viewer who likes donuts. This post shows a related image to attract attention, and then simply the name of the blog post title. This encourages customers to not only view the post, but click on the post to read the blog, therefore encouraging engagement with the post.
5. Show enthusiasm about the productShowing enthusiasm about your product or service will make the viewer enthusiastic about engaging with your Facebook post. The energy of your post is what is going to make Facebook users stop scrolling and actually look at your post. Enthusiasm can be shown through the brightness and color in your pictures/video, or even the font and color of the text in your post. This is what is going to make viewers want to keep clicking through your post and look further into your product. This post shows a video of various pasta dishes (product), but also shows enthusiasm in the title of the post by using all capital letters, exclamation points, and emojis. If you want to improve your selling through Facebook posts, check out some of our Max Exposure products below! Facebook Advertising Level 2 Your Company Video
We’ve all visited company websites to learn more about them, but felt frustrated because the information provided is either too dense or too difficult to find. One thing a business can do to avoid this from happening is by providing their customers with a company video. Video is much more powerful than spoken or written word as people are more likely to absorb information when it is visually presented to them. Through the use of a professionally made video, a company can portray themselves in a positive light which will attract new customers and keep the old ones coming back for more.
A study done a few years ago showed that Americans watched 21 billion videos online in one year, and 79 percent of people with an online presence frequently watch videos. This proves that today, more than ever before, it is crucial to utilize this feature to reach a large audience. These videos do not only have to show up on a company’s website. They can be posted on several different social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
People today want information, but they want it fast. What better way to do this than through a video? Below are five of the most important reasons why every business should have a company video…
1. It gives your company a face
Providing customers with a video about your company is a great way to create an image or help build onto the one you already have. Customers will gain trust and be more loyal if they can visually see what your company is all about and have a tangible experience. The video itself should include the core values and mission to quickly and effectively get your message across.
2. It shows your customers you’re the real deal
Having a video not only provides your customers with quick and relevant information but it also reflects on the legitimacy of the company. When I see that a company website has a video, I automatically categorize them as a business that takes their work seriously and has the resources to market their company effectively. High quality videos show that your company is up-to-date and relevant, allowing customers to trust the quality of your product or service.
3. It helps give a personal touch
Connecting to your customers and making them feel like they are valued is one way your company can separate themselves from other businesses, and a video can help you do that. A video helps create a bond with your viewers by being personal and authentic. By including actual staff or workers from the business, it not only shows the company’s personality but allows customers to put a face to the organization itself.
4. It can set you apart from your competition
Not only will having a high quality video show your customers you are serious and committed to what you do, but it will also set you apart from the competition. Many other companies, especially direct competitors, may not have gone the extra mile to make a video, and believe me your customers will notice the difference and appreciate the time and effort that went into it. Not only will this video set you apart but it will also help you to be remembered
5. It helps to actively engage customers
There are two types of ways people can be engaged, passively or actively. Passive engagement is when someone is looking over something but not really absorbing the information. This could be when they are reading the long “About Us” section on a website. Actively engaged people are absorbing information by taking part in some kind of action or visual stimulation. People learn and remember information better if they are actively engaged, and this active engagement can be accomplished through the use of company videos.
At MaxExposure Social Media we offer a service that can make a company video for your business. The BetterVideo solution combines client provided or stock imagery, royalty-free music, professionally written script and recorded voice-over to create an informative and visually captivating 60-second video. If you are interested in this or would like to learn more about this service feel free to visit our website, http://www.maxexposuresocialmedia.com, or contact us!